Thursday, July 06, 2006

Tensing Boredom

These few days have been keeping me occupied with the processes we have to through in order to graduate and enroll for Bachelor of Architecture..Going back and fourth to the administration & record office, finance, library, mahallah and the security office. They have taken away my matric card so I'm officially not a IIUM student since I couldn't register yet as new students.. due to the stupidity in progress, they ask us to register today yet they ask for payment that is not determine- so unorganized.the problem In IIUM, when there is any event of such, the whole office would be closed. Is it to hard to keep the front counter opened? People come from far and have to come home empty handed just because they have 'internal activities'- active sangatla AnR..closing the office just to listen to a talk on productivity or quality (isn't it ironic) . Enough with all these bureaucracy,sending me to the land of boredom

I would like to recommend a new Korean movie,'a millionaire's first love' I know the title is a bit goooeyyy lovey dovey, but it's not that dramatic..it's bout an orphaned guy who would inherit his grandfather's fortune when he turn 18 with the condition that he has to graduate from a school in his gram's village..he's snobbish brat with kewl rides & he's cute. While the girl is innocent looking but very outspoken. huhu..After weeks of searching for 'in her shoes' I finally rent the original cd from Videoezy yesterday. The fact that I like the most is it's about two sisters that have nothing in common except both of them are shoe fanatics. The elder sis, rose-have a huge collection of shoes that she buy to comfort her self. I quote 'Clothes won’t fit you when you're fat, but shoes will always fit'. I mad about shoes myself, being size 9 ½, I always had to ask what's the biggest size they offer before browsing. most shoe stores in Malaysia doesn't cater large shoes sizes, only some stores like Vinnci, Lewre, Clarks and Snowfly have em, and they are very limited- only 2-3 pairs per shop and they are frequently out of stock or just not my taste, I would have to fight for it with mak nyahs that want to wear heals..pity me ehh? When I have my chance to go to U.K or Europe one day I'd buy loads of shoes :p – I wish..


Finish reading 'Empress Orchid' a love the book as it describe the procedures of selecting the emperor's wife and the different ranks of the concubines. It also uncovers the nasty bitchy things they do to gain power in the forbidden city. There's also a map of the forbidden city in the book & a lesson on 'fan dance' in one of the chapters, heeehee..but the ending is a bit dull & predictable as empress orchid witness the fall of china. I'm also eyeing a new novel 'Geisha' written by the first non-Japanese that became a geisha. I've read memoirs of geisha & watched the movie. I think the life of geisha are fascinating, very delicate and full of art- their dance, ceremonies even the way Japanese wrap their gifts. One of my favourite documentaries is about the art of wearing the kimono. My dad went to Japan when I was 9, & I kept nagging him to buy me a kimono, instead he bought me a 'summer daily wear' I love the motif of sakura & bluebirds with the light pink background. While my sis's was blue & gold with elaborated phoenix motif. It is one of my dream to go to Japan & witness the sakura in full bloom & try on the kimono.

Tales of the heart.. I think I've been blocked..stripped from my tendency to stare..is it true? Or should I stop listening to my heart. Hoping semester would start faster, for work to occupy me...

No comments: